Welcome to the 22nd World Methodist Conference
The World Methodist Conference is a global gathering of the Methodist-Wesleyan family held every five years in a different part of the world. The 22nd World Methodist Conference will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Save the date
The 22nd World Methodist Conference | 19-22 August 2021
Welcome to Gothenburg and Sweden
- Value for money. Great quality at a lower cost – prices below average European level.
- Easy access with direct flights from 55 major destinations, with Paris and London just two hours away. Only 20 minutes transport to the World Methodist Conference venue.
- Walk between venue, hotels and entertainment. 7,000 hotel rooms in the city centre.
- The World Methodist Conference venue, the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre, is Europe’s largest fully integrated hotel and congress facility.
- Gothenburg is the leading destination for sustainable meetings in the world.
- Green, clean and safe environments.
- One of the world’s most amazing wilderness areas with incredible possibilities for social activities is just a tram-ride away from the city centre.
Getting here is easy
- International airport less than 20 minutes from the city centre.
- Direct flights from more than 55 destinations.
- Ferry from Kiel and Fredrikshavn.
- Everything you need within walking distance from the World Methodist Conference venue.
- Gastronomic brilliance
This gourmet’s dream offer innovative cuisine using local produce. Specially fish and shellfish is our claim to fame. Cuisine from all over the world is offered at reasonable prices at firstclass, gourmet, trendy or traditional restaurants. Six restaurants are awarded with a Guide Michelin star.
Gothenburg and West Sweden offers an exceptional combination of city life, culture and nature. Historical and contemporary attractions and activities are mixed with a wide repertoire of entertaining shows, sports, cultural events, shopping, fairs and exhibitions.
A number of prominent cultural institutions are found on five minutes walking distance. View the unique collection of Nordic art at the Museum of Art or enjoy Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra at the Concert Hall.
In less than half an hour you’ll be on a boat taking you to the picturesque islands of the archipelago.The many islands stretch along the coast lika a string of pearls. The many city-centred parks, as well as forests and lakes are only a stone’s throw away.
Here you will find helpful information about your visit.